Portraits on sunsets

From My Photo Blog

Along Tioman beach. I was experimenting with shots of Loretta against the sunset, but she was rendered a silhouette everytime. I thus tried to add in a bit of fill-flash - I had to play with the flash exposure compensation and brought it down about 1/3 stops. When I took this shot, I thought "Oops I cut off her head" but then it proved the most interesting shot out of the lot I took. Goes to show that sometimes 'artistic' shots go against certain conventions - such as cutting off the top of people's heads.

I would like to bring the exposure of the sunset down a little more while retaining the exposure for the potrait. Can only do that by separating the two in photoshop.

1 comment:

jo'se said...

I like this shot... Yes your comments on photo artistry is not wrong... of course got "pan tang" people out there who prefer people shots to be complete and whole... haha... who cares what the world thinks?

I think She is good though. Recommended by my colleague
http:"//sammblakeweddings.com/main.php