Halloween @ ACM

These photos were taken on Halloween, at the Asian Civilisations Museum. Took me a while to post, but here they are.



I never had the guts to ask people in public to pose for my pictures, but such was the atmosphere of Halloween, with people in their costumes, that the moment I lifted up my camera, people actually started posing for the camera without me asking. First time I felt like a photographer. :)



For this shot, I asked "can I take your picture?", and totally in character, she paused in her tracks and dead-panned her zombie look to me.



A bunch of Japanese kids were running around and they were camera whores, posing for me. I got down low and caught this pretty purple witch.



As part of the festivities, a talk was conducted by Singapore Paranormal Investigators. This shot is of the crowd and it seems to capture a certain tension and atmosphere in the air.



There were many great costumes around that night, some spooky, but all-together fun.

Postscript: I shot all these shots with the 50mm, set to 1/50 at 1.8, the supposed slowest one should set for handheld shots. While some shots were blur (mostly the fast moving children), most turned out well.

No comments: