Paradise Tree Snake Chrysopelea paradisi




This cute snake was spotted by my brother at the beach after cycling. I used full zoom to get in as close as possible with lots of DOF, while my focus and aperture to ensure that its eyes were is sharp focus. Processed in lightroom to give it 'pop'

Interesting Facts: Also known as flying snakes. Of course, they cannot fly but they can flatten their bodies and glide from tree to tree. This species is very common in Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. More information at http://www.flyingsnake.org/

Size: 120cm
Diet: Lizards, frogs, geckos, bats
Activity: Diurnal and arboreal
Habitat: Mangrove forest, lowland forest.

2 comments:

Howard said...

What a great head-on shot of the snake...lucky you have a good zoom range :P Very clear and steady shooting there...good job

ChrisYeo said...

The snake was very exposed on a metal fence, so I could get it as close as I wanted, but certainly the 250mm zoom did help to achieve the tight tight shot while keeping me out of its range of flight. The 2nd shot was slightly cropped to bring the viewer in even closer.